Thursday, February 5, 2009

WE'RE PLANNING TO MEET

"Don't be a criminal in this police state, You better shop and eat and procreate,You got vacation days then you might escape , To a condo on the coastI set my watch to the atomic clock, I hear the crowd count down til the bomb gets dropped, I always figured there'd be time enough, I never let it get me down" Bright Eyes, Lucky/Easy/Free

I have always wanted to be a song writer. I've written maybe two dozen songs in my life, maybe 2 or 3 that I would consider playing to a friend, maybe 1 I'd play to a stranger. I see the artistry of music making and shutter at how its been hijacked by the same 'ol' band o' friends'. Inspiration goes as far as a sheet of leaf, or a blog screen these days.

Where can you go to get that inspiration that should be filling your spirit. You know the un-name-able resource that keeps a smile to your face? It's tricky these days.

Maybe church? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you're too caught up on what kind of religious person you want to be. Why not be a christian. Why not follow the Christ, he was a great example. My personal beliefs are that of life, I don't deal with death for the moment. So the question is Can being like Christ make the world a better place to live in?

I think the answer is yes, and most of you anarchists out there are gonna shudder after this sentence, but if we acted more like christ, we'd be better anarchists. I mean Jesus wanted all people to be brothers and sisters, it was the church that help support inequality and war. Jesus hated the tax collectors and the rich, it is the church that supports them and takes their cut of the wealth in the process. You can trace everything that is wrong with this filth hole of a country and I am pretty sure J.C. would agree that this is not the way it should be.

I am not supporting the notion that he was devine, I'm not even supporting the notion that he was. Hell, Marvin the Martian is easier to believe in than Jesus. But a lot of people have accepted his legend as proof of existence so I will go ahead and use that as a sort of tablet to swallow for those who believe and who don't. If you believe, by all means, make him whatever you want. If you don't believe, just use the principles that were attributed to him, because if what is said about him is true, he was actually a pretty decent guy (except for the surrender to a higher power thing, I'm sorry, you christians, but No Gods, No Masters, still apply here).

It is so human to get caught up with the thought that Jesus was devine. People want so bad to have someone stronger than themselves on their side. That's fine, but just remember, you are your own strength. That strength multiplies when we come together, when we organize. And if there is a heaven, which I could care less to question, we should agree with that one tenant of J.C.: "It's more difficult for a rich man to enter heaven than a camel to walk through the eye of a needle."

So to all those emperors and presidents who swung the sword in the name of Jesus Christ, I ask you to remember that. When you fill your pockets with loot and wipe your fangs of the blood and oil of your human livestock don't forget to peek into the eye of the needle. By your own rules you'll burn. By your own justifications, you'll burn. And I hope you don't really believe in your heaven and your hell because the after life will be pretty scary for you.

And to all you Anarchists, Leftists, Rabble Rousers, Rioters, Ravers, Students, Lovers, Sons and Daughters, Mothers and Fathers, and just plain clear thinking human beings I want you to be good christians, but not in the way you think. I don't want you to give up 10% of your wages or eat some wafer that represents someone who may not have existed. I want you to tell the first pig you see and tell him "to love his enemy as he loves himself." See if he tosses his gun and badge into the waste basket. Walk into an armed forces recruitment center and tell the recruiters "thou shalt not kill." See how many of them agree and resign their post. Give your love to the bums and beggars as Jesus preached meakness.

I know of a few people who have done this. Their names are Brad Will and Kirsten Brydum. Look em up if you don't know who they are, its worth the few minutes, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment